Our most sought after program is the Early Commissioning Program (ECP). ECP is a 2-year program that allows college students to receive a U.S. Army commission as a Second Lieutenant upon graduation from Wentworth.
The ECP is tailored for individuals who have completed one of these three requirements:
- Three or more years of Junior ROTC
- Leaders Training Course, a 4-week paid officer training program at Ft. Knox, KY
- Basic Training (with or without AIT)
Upon graduation from Wentworth with an associate’s degree and a commission, recipients must complete their bachelor’s degree at a four year college of their choice, and will also serve with a National Guard or Reserve unit while completing their bachelor’s degree.
This program is competitive and highly popular, not only because you can complete your college degree with substantial Army scholarship benefits, but you can also earn money serving as a Second Lieutenant while completing your degree.
Early Commissioning Program
The ECP program is tailored for those individuals who have already completed one of these three requirements: three (3) or more years of Junior ROTC, Leader’s Training Course (at Ft. Knox, KY) or Basic Training and/or AIT with the National Guard or Army Reserve. Applicants who meet these criteria are eligible for two different two-year scholarship opportunities: the Military Junior College Scholarship (MJC) or the Campus Based Scholarship. Recipients of the MJC scholarship will serve in a National Guard or Army Reserve Unit while enrolled in college, while Campus Based recipients do not serve in the National Guard or Army Reserve while enrolled.
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (2.5 for scholarship)
- Minimum SAT score of 850 (Math and Verbal sections only), or ACT score of 17 (920 / 19 for scholarship)
- Pass Department of Defense Medical Examination (arranged by Army ROTC)
- Pass Army height/weight and physical fitness standards
- Between 17 and 27 years of age
- U.S. citizen of good moral character (original naturalization document issued by INS or state issued birth certificate)
- $450 monthly cadet pay during MS III academic year
- $500 monthly cadet pay during MS IV academic year
- Cadet uniforms
- Academic fees
- $1200 per academic year for books
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Associate of Arts Degree and 2LT commission earned at Wentworth Military Academy
- Students are responsible for their last two years of school and must complete their bachelor’s degree at a four-year college (of their choice) within 3 years of commissioning. The Educational Assistance Program for ECP graduates is available from the Army.
Military Science (MS) Program:
- MSL III (Freshman year) – Command and Staff Functions, Physical fitness, Leadership and Tactics
- Leader Development and Assessment Course (LDAC) . 32 days of advanced leadership and tactics at Fort Lewis, Washington
- MSL IV (Sophomore year) – How to conduct unit training, Military Justice, Advanced Leadership studies and commissioning
- Additional voluntary training: Airborne School, Air Assault School, Mountain