Wentworth Military Academy (9-12 grades) offers a quality education including Dual Enrollment and Advanced Placement courses. Our International Department is committed to advocating and mentoring the international students in their coursework to have optimal preparation for continuing their education at a four-year University and in any other area needed.
Why Choose Wentworth Military Academy?
- Rigorous academics. Wentworth Military Academy is a private, co-ed, fully accredited High School.
- Proven history. We are the oldest military academy west of the Mississippi River. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, our safe campus is filled with friendly staff and faculty.
- Structure & discipline. Wentworth has been helping students advance their lives through education and leadership skills for more than 133 years.
- Strengthen integrity. Our values, traditions, and training are ingrained in the school environment.
- Leadership development. With a student –faculty ratio of 10:1, students have personalized attention and constantly excel in their studies while developing leadership and character skills, a key factor to the success of leaders.
- Diverse student body. Students come from all areas of the globe to study at Wentworth.
- Accelerated Scholars Program. Because Wentworth Military Academy shares its campus with Wentworth Military College, students are able to take classes through the Accelerated Scholars Program. A full curriculum of 61 classes is offered to the students. Unlike other dual enrollment programs, the cost of these classes is included in the cost of tuition, resulting in a significant cost savings.
- Associate’s Degree. Due to the on campus college, high-performing students can earn an Associate’s Degree while still in high school. They have the possibility to graduate with a high school diploma and an AA degree.
Our International Department assists the students, guiding them through the process of application, student visa, and the enrollment process, while keeping constant communication with the students. As they are picked up at the airport, parents are kept updated on their academics and any other accomplishments.
International students arrive on campus earlier for orientation and sports training, enabling them to acclimate to their new school environment. Throughout the school year, many cultural activities allow the international population on campus to share their culture and customs, not only with the their friends, but also with the community.
For detailed information on the sports offered for College, please visit our athletic website.
Wentworth Military Academy is an “open campus”, i.e., we accept students without any international proficiency test score which makes it possible for any student to enroll and pursue their academic goals.
Wentworth offers an ESL – English as a Second Language program helping international students on campus to fully succeed in their academics. The integration into the Cadet Corps facilitates the immersion necessary to develop the language skills.
TOEFL is not required. Students will go through the regular application process (including paperwork, fees, and SKYPE interview). Upon arrival on campus, students will take an English placement test. Every student testing at the intermediate and/or advanced level will be allowed to enroll in the Pathway Program.
Life on Campus
Your student will develop lifelong friendships with future leaders. Wentworth offers students the chance to live in the schools on-campus barracks. All the student have a roommate of the same sex, and are expected to maintain a high standard in their appearance, and the appearance of their room.
The barracks are safe and secure, and students of different sexes are housed on different floors / buildings.
Among the many extra-curricular activities, international students can choose to be part of the following military activities:
- Honor Guard
- Color Guard
- Rifle Team
- Raider Team
- International Club
100% of Wentworth Military Academy graduates matriculate to colleges and universities of their choice across the country.
Read our FAQ.
Application Process for International Students
In order for a student to be considered for acceptance to Wentworth Military Academy, a complete application must be submitted.
- Complete the application and submit an application fee of $300.00
- Application for High School- Apply Online
- High School applicants should submit letters of recommendation from their current 1) the current principal or counselor, 2) math teacher and 3) English teacher
- If you are already studying in the United States, you must complete this form
- Statement of Financial Resource (download form)
- School transcripts
- International Student Supplemental application (download form)
- Copy of the identification page of the current passport
- English proficiency test scores are not required; however submit results if available
After all documentation required is received and reviewed by the Admissions Committee, a decision will be made. If accepted, an I-20 will be issued and your student will receive an enrollment book and contract, along with the I-20 and acceptance letter.
Immigration Information for Admitted Students
- Form I-20 and Student Visa (F1)
- You have to contact the closest U.S. embassy and schedule an appointment. The embassy or consulate will issue your visa.
- To enter the United States as a student, you will need your I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status), F-1 visa and a valid passport.
- When you enter the country, immigration officials will stamp your I-20, return it to you and give you an I-94 card ( a small white card that is proof of your legal entry) that should have F-1 and D/S (Duration of Status) written on it.
- When reporting to the school, you must contact the Director of International Admissions to have your immigration documents reviewed
Maintaining your F-1 Status
- Once in the United States, you must maintain your status. Failure to maintain your status can result in serious consequences.
- Maintain full-time enrollment during the academic year
- Attend class and maintain satisfactory grades
- Notify the International Department staff of any changes
All international students will be required to take an English proficiency test upon arrival on campus, for placement purposes.